Sunday, December 11, 2005

Defend Joma

9 December 2005

VICIOUS ATTACKS ON MY PERSON
CANNOT STOP THE PEOPLE’S RESISTANCE

By Prof. Jose Maria Sison
Chief Political Consultant
National Democratic Front of the Philippines

For several months already, various minions of Gloria M. Arroyo, including some cabinet members and generals, have been subjecting me to vicious attacks. I have not answered any of these for three reasons. First, competent people have answered them. Second, the attacks are so patently malicious that they are unbelievable and self-defeating. Third, I have more important things to do.

But lest it be said that I have become reluctant to defend myself, let me comment on the vicious attacks. These are calculated to vilify me, incite official and unofficial acts of violence against my person and put pressure on the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) to capitulate to the rotten reactionary government.

The Arroyo regime gloats over my difficulties in my living conditions and keeps on claiming that I deserve the “terrorist” label. I wish to let the people know that I am under the protection of Article 3 of the European Convention and cannot be removed from the Netherlands. I have competent European lawyer s in filing complaints against the Dutch and European Union authorities. Have the US, the GRP and other governments successfully used the terrorist listing to pressure the NDFP to capitulate? They have utterly failed.

The NDFP stands on ever higher moral ground in the peace negotiations as well as in the people’s war by exposing the Arroyo regime’s betrayal and violation of The Hague Joint Declaration, Joint Agreement on Safety and Immunity Guarantees and the Comprehensive Agreement on Respect for Human Rights and International Humanit arian Law.

The Arroyo regime accuses me of responsibility for the nationwide offensives of the New People’s Army against the AFP, PNP and CAFGU. My clear and simple answer is that the Central Committee of the CPP and the national command of the NPA can competently make decisions and plans within their respective jurisdiction, without having to depend on me.

The accusations of the Arroyo regime that I am responsible for the current offensive operations of the NPA and for the punishment of the notorious human rights violator Colonel Rodolfo Aguinaldo in 2001 are flattering. But I cannot be carried away by such flattery. I denounce the Arroyo regime for making false accusations. I have also asked my legal counsel, Atty. Romeo T. Capulong, and the Public Interest Law Center to oppose every false charge.

The Arroyo regime has repeatedly made clear that it cannot comply with agreements with the NDFP and cannot answer satisfactorily the prejudicial questions raised by the NDFP. For this reason, the formal talks in the GRP-NDFP peace negotiations remain postponed. The vicious attacks on my person are not helpful in resuming the formal talks. Neither can they stop the people’s resistance to a regime that is hated for its illegitimacy, puppetry, corruption, brutality and mendacity.

The Filipino people are striving to remove the Arroyo regime from power. The broad united front of legal democratic forces and the forces of the armed revolutionary movement are advancing. All of them are thriving on the crisis conditions and are carrying forward the popular demands for national liberation and democracy against the semi-colonial and semi-feudal system of oppression and exploitation. ###

No comments: